At any rate, I began P90X yesterday. The outcome was not great. I made it through a little more than half the exercise. (FYI: It was chest and back.) Now, I like to think of myself as a pretty in-shape person...but I didn't make it through. What even disappointed me more is that I woke up this morning and wasn't even sore. Which, to me, means I didn't push myself hard enough. I am so lame.
So, today, I did day two, but instead of doing the plyometric exercise prescribed by the program, I decided to skip to day three and do shoulders and arms. The reason for this is that I am playing pick up soccer this evening and figured I probably didn't want to have dead legs when I got there. Also, since I didn't do an adequate workout yesterday, I figured I needed to do lifting again today.
Today went better. Made it through almost the whole thing...but realized that the abridged weight set I own may make this process a little uneven. I only have 15, 25, and 30 dumbbell pairs....the jump from 15 to 25 is a little big, so I might have to invest in some 20s...but we shall see if I can convince Katie to drive me to some place to buy some...but I sure as hell am not lugging 40 pounds of weight on public transportation. (Like my passive aggressive way of asking via my blog? Lol. Kidding Katie.) I was working out mostly with 15s today, which was fine, but I worry slightly about the weeks to come and having to jump from 15s to 25s...but I guess I will cross that bridge when I come to it.
Suffice to say, I have learned two things from my 2 days with p90X. First, I am not as in-shape as I thought. Second, I need to push myself harder. As working on the second point will help with the first...I will focus there.
Oh, and one more thing. I have been thinking about whether not it is necessary, or tasteful, to put progress pictures up on the blog. Something about displaying my half naked body for my close friends seems awkward. Do people have thoughts or preferences on this point? I am kind of ambivalent about it.
8 comments:
i, for one, would appreciate half nekked pictures of you, dana.
Hahaha! Maybe you are still feeling bad after yesterday's drop off on Telegraph fiasco.
I thought about getting the P90x system! fortunately, I found the YMCA in downtown Oakland. I can afford $65 a month :)
looking forward to hearing about transformation - pictures would be interesting since the claims made by the system are kind of dramatic.
um, it wouldn't be just for your friends, it would be for all the internets to see! That being said, I support it!
1) Seeing your current physique and having to pretend like it's not already in shape/ripped is too much to ask of us
2) What weights do you need for P90X? I should start accumulating them methinks.
3) KEEP THE ROCKIN
@jenn...i will not be objectified! except by you ;).
@katie...huh?
@calliope...i am assuming this is bernardette?
@alice...yes, i know...but i have less of an issue with random people i don't know than people i do know and seem me fully clothed on a regular basis.
@amanda...i guess it depends on your fitness level on the weights...so you should probably have a set of 50-55-60. :P.
you guess correctly sir!!
I was referring to your passive-aggressive way of asking for a ride to get weights.
Post a Comment