Thursday, August 26, 2010

Workout Regime - Day 4 P90X...and...New Lifestyle.

As it turns out...not only am i not really fit enough to make it through the whole first day of the workout...but i also am not flexible enough for the yoga session. I knew the flexibility is something I really needed to work on...I am super tight and I think loosening up a little bit would help out in a lot of different aspects of my life...in particular my chronically sore and tight back as well as my speed and agility in soccer (really the hallmark of my game). So, while I didn't do so well today with the yoga workout...I am excited to continue in the process and gain strength, flexibility, and hotness.

In other news, I got a bike today. As stated in a previous post, I am without a vehicle in the Bay because, well...I killed my car. Brilliant, I know. So, for the past week I have had to rely predominantly on public transportation which is handy, but not the most convenient of ways to move about. So, today, my lovely roommate, Katie, took me to go buy a bike...I will refrain from telling you where I purchased said bike in fear of retribution. I bought the cheapest bike I could find which happenned to be a mountain bike, which came in handy for reasons I will divulge in just a moment. I also purchased an air pump, helmet, lights, and a lock. (Oh, and I also got 20 lbs. weights for my P90X fun.) So, I am all set and all safe for my rides around the east bay and, particularly, to and from campus. Woohoo!

Katie drove me to the store to buy the bike, but we couldn't fit a bike into her car, so I had to ride my bike to the nearest bart station to get the bike back home. Not a big deal, I thought, seeing as how the nearest bart was only about a mile away and a station i was somewhat familiar with. Familiar, that is, when traveling by motor vehicle. The path was much more complicated by bike and I ended up for a while riding on the gravel beside some non-bart train tracks after being informed by a very nice homeless gentlemen that I could get to the bart that way. Now, obviously he was telling the truth as I did end up at the bart station. However, I don't believe that was the correct or most direct route to take. But as I said before, the mountain bike came in handy rather quickly riding through the uneven, unpaved path next to the train tracks...I don't think a road bike would have handled that as well.

So, this was a good first lesson in my new life choice as a bike rider. Hopefully, future rides will be simpler.

No comments: